Monday, June 13, 2011

Steadfast

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

I am so tired.  Not the "I just need a nap" tired.  Not even the "I need to go to bed early" kind of tired either.  I am "I have been emotionally engaged in helping my kids transition to a new place and all the while transitioning myself" kind of tired. 

Weary. 

And when Momma gets weary, Momma gets cranky.  And impatient.  And sharp-tongued.

Then I read Lamentations 3. 

Steadfast love.  I chew on that for a bit.  And I am immediately grateful for a Father who's love for his children never gets tired.  Or cranky. 

Merciful.  Patient.  Kind. Though I grow weary loving my children, my husband the way they need/long to be loved, He never falters.  His love is perfect.  And perfectly faithful.  I hope He is making me a little more like Himself.  In the meantime I will embrace my limits and be grateful He has none.

“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.” (vs 24)

1 comment:

The Shulls said...

Amen! We'll pray for you tonight :)