Monday, June 20, 2011

My 3 Dads, Part 3

And last, but most certainly not least...Pop-Pop!
TBird was his first girl.  And, surprisingly, this father of only boys has embraced it with gentleness and kindness that she cannot ignore.


TBird:  "I love Pop because he loves us so much!"
Riv:  "I love Pop because he plays baseball with me."
Both big kids still, whenever swimming in the pool, chant, "Pray and scoop...pray and scoop..."  Pop gave them their first swim lessons.  Good going, Pop...they're little fish now!

Pipe:  Pa-Pa!
Pop is her favorite (much to Gram's chagrin)!  Who knew "Beer:30" would turn out to be such an adoring and endearing grandfather!  But you have!  And they love you for it.  As do we.

And finally, thank you for fathering the father of my children.  He learned from you to think about everything with a bit of creativity.  Boxes are meant to be thought outside of.  There are always two sides to every story.  And that has served him well in life.  Without you none of this (this being my blessed life) would be possible!  Now it is late and I am getting sappy.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: