Sunday, February 17, 2013

9/365...Tea Time!

I'm just going to put it out there...I'm not that great at playing with my monkeys.  I know.  Horrible.  But I'm not.  I love reading with them, cooking with them, running with them, being outside with them.  But playing with them is not my strong suit.  That's probably why they all three love being with their grandparents so much.  Play, play, play.

I also know that some of my favorite memories of my parents involved playing.  One on one, sitting on the carpet with me, digging in the dirt, playing.  And I know that it means alot to my monkeys as well. So in honor of serving them, and trying to love them well, I sometimes have to make intentional decisions to get on the ground and play.

Yesterday it was a tea party.  The eldest monkey adores them.  The boys were at soccer, baby monkey in bed, so we had our own little tea party, complete with linens and, well, tea!


That would be her fancy tea pinky!  (The Dowager would be proud.)


And then the baby monkey decided NOT to sleep (who could with a tea party going on) and joined our little party, fancy dress and all!

1 comment:

The Healing Garden said...

I wouldn't be able to sleep with a full on tea party happening in the next room either.