Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama, Day 2

When I was in high school, my parents bought into a share of a trailer at the lake.  Yes, I did say trailer.  Double wide, to be exact.  Should have snapped a picture of that one.  Next time.

Since that time we have taken every family vacation I can remember to the lake.  And I love it to this day.
And now the kids do, too.  (And Popaw is pretty excited to share his love of the lake with them.)  I think Riv really thought he could ride the whole way to the lake in the boat.  Popaw let him ride to the bottom of the driveway.
Nana got to follow behind in the Vette.  As you can see, she was a bit nervous to drive a stick-shift the entire way.  We kept our distance.  And I just wanted to show in one post that not only do my parents vacate in a double wide, but they drive the Vette to the double wide.  Pretty cool.
The rest of the day was spent in the water...
Swimming...

(I love his form...always arms straight back, right foot pointed forward, back foot kicked behind.  Almost looks choreographed!)
Jumping...
Inter-tubing...
And cruising in the boat.  Nana can drive a mean boat.  (As long as Popaw keeps barking instructions.)
And he's still the best skier I know at 62!  I actually got up, too...kinda hard to take a picture of yourself skiing.  And keep a baby from drowning.  Or a camera.
The kids enjoyed jumping out of the boat into the middle of the lake.  It was a bit of a thrill for them.
Riv:  "Are there River Monsters in here?"
TB:  "Or catfish?  The big ones that eat people?"
Riv:  "Or alligators?"
Guess who's been watching Discovery Channel?  River Monsters will give you a healthy fear of the water for sure.  

It took P a bit to warm up to the experience.  Or the life jacket.  Not sure which was more stressful for her.  She'll be a river rat before it's all said and done.  If Popaw has anything to do with it.  

Good thing we live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.  Too bad they freeze slap solid 6 months out of the year.  We could always take up ice-fishing!

No comments: