Friday, March 15, 2013

14/365...Hope of Spring

It's snowing outside my window as I type.  And just to clarify, it is March 15.  To put it into context, this time last year it was 80 degrees.  Facebook isn't helping.  All the pictures of my lovely southern friends playing soccer in the front yard in short sleeves, mixing compost for their gardens, laying on quilts in the park in the sun...like salt in the wound.  But...

there are evidences of spring...

the anticipation just makes the hope that much sweeter...

and I know one day soon, there will be green...that out of the ashes of winter beauty will rise triumphant...

and we will triumphantly glory in its beauty all summer long!


So this week, when we walked into TJ's and Piper saw the bundles of tulips and daffodils and asked, "Mommy, can we get some flowers?", without hesitation I replied, "Yes!  What color?"

They are beautifully reminding me from my dining room table that somewhere in the world it is spring...and it is on its way here.

No comments: