Sunday, October 21, 2012

Verde

Day 5/31:  Something Green

It is no secret that I am a HUGE fan of the farmer's market.  It is without a doubt one of my favorite aspects of living in Minnesota.  I love the camaraderie between farmer and consumer, food-laborer and food-eater.  It is a place where they love my screaming kids and my squirmy dog.  I hear stories about their screaming kids and squirmy dogs.  It just feels right to prepare a meal that came directly from the hands of my farmer friends.  

Today I got a lesson in raising chickens.  All the info I need to know, right there on a picnic bench at the farmers market.  And yes, you can be looking for chicken posts sometime in following months.  Woo-hoo!

When I saw that today's theme was "Something Green", without hesitation I grabbed my camera and hauled it to the Richfield Farmers Market.  



It is sad to see the dwindling green of summer nearing the end of its season.  Green represents life, growth, vibrance.  Soon the snow will come and all green will go to sleep.  But the miracle of green will come again in spring.  And my farmers will be there to usher in the green.

No comments: